The Annual Business Meeting of the Piatt County Museum membership will be held Tuesday, March 12 at 6:00 p.m. at the Piatt County FS Building located at 427 West Marion, Monticello. The regular monthly Board of Trustees meeting will follow at 7:00 p.m. in the Board Room. Members and those interested in membership are encouraged to attend!
Ameren was on site last week to bring power to the Education and Visitors Center of the new Museum. Flaugher Electric did the trench work and installed the electrical boxes on the building. Contractors will begin installing insulation and drywall in the next few weeks!
Welcome to the Piatt County Museum!
Our mission is to preserve Piatt County heritage by deepening our knowledge of the past and achieving public appreciation of the value history brings to our lives.
Why Museums Matter
- Museums are the #1 reason tourists visit Illinois.
- Cultural and heritage tourism is one of the fastest growing segments of the travel industry.
- Millions of visitors come each year to explore Illinois’ museums, historic sites, science centers, zoos and arboreta.
- Illinois museums are a major economic engine for Illinois.
- Visitors to Illinois's museums fuel local economies, shopping, dining and staying overnight in our communities.
- Museums provide educational opportunities to millions of children and adults, deepening our knowledge and expanding our horizons.
- Museums preserve our culture and heritage.
- Small museums hold the greatest proportion of America’s cultural and heritage material.
- Museums employ thousands of Illinoisans, who conserve our state’s treasures, educate residents and visitors of all ages and make our rich stories accessible to millions each year.
- Museums remain the most trusted institutions in America and a neutral ground for a free and fair exchange of ideas.
Piatt County Museum
1 Heritage Lane
Monticello, Illinois 61856